If you would like to use one of your own images here on Weekly Fifty, please use the contact form at the bottom of the Info page to get in touch. I do have a few requirements for all featured photos:
- Your photo must be hosted at Flickr. I do this to cut down on website bandwidth as well as giving everyone a way to access a full-resolution version of the photo by clicking the image that’s here on the website. If you do not have a Flickr account you can sign up for free at Flickr.com. Images may not be hosted from Imgur, Instagram, or any other site.
- Each photo must have a thorough description so readers can learn more about how you shot it, why you shot it, relevant context for understanding the meaning behind the photo, compositional choices that you made when taking the photo, editing decisions, etc.
- Each photo must have an accompanying audio commentary. Audio must be recorded in a noise-free environment (i.e. no background noise such as pets, children, machinery, etc.,) and preferably with a dedicated microphone to ensure a high level of quality. Audio files should be in .mp3 or .m4a format. I will work with you to ensure you are able to send me the audio file via email or another method.
- You may include a brief Byline and a link to your own website/portfolio that will be posted at the bottom of the descriptive text.
- You agree to let me, the owner and operator of Weekly Fifty, create a video of your submission by merging your audio commentary with the image and uploading it to the Weekly Fifty YouTube channel. Your byline and a link to your own website/portfolio will be included in the description of the video version on YouTube.
- You agree to let me, the owner and operator of Weekly Fifty, share your picture on Instagram. When the photo is shared, I will make it clear that the photo is not my own and is, instead, a guest post on Weekly Fifty.